Wednesday, May 18, 2005

House of Flying Daggers

We saw another movie on DVD tonight.  All these DVDs are coming from Netflix.  So far they have been a fast, reliable way to rent movies.  I signed up for the $9.99/mo service that lets me rent as many movies as I can see in a month, but the catch is that I'm only allowed to have one checked out at a time.  It works out to 4 or 5 movies per month.  After we've seen all the movies on both of our lists, I'm not sure it will be worht it.  We'll see.



Tonight was House of Flying Daggers.  This is a very beautiful production.  The story isn't the greatest, but it's so beautiful you don't care.  It's takes place in 859 AD, I think, and China is the setting.  The forests, mountains, and meadows shown in all seasons are beautiful.  The choreography of the martial arts is beautiful.



I give it an A- for beauty.



No comments:

Post a Comment