Thursday, July 7, 2005

Chico & Google Earth

Bird's eye view of Chico ... click for larger image. The image to the left is a satellite view of Chico.  You have to click on it to see anything, and it's a big image so have some coffee....



I downloaded Google Earth (free version) and played with it.  It's pretty cool!  It does require a current operating system and a graphics card capable of 3D.  I guess my graphics card is good enough, because it worked on my computer (WinXP Pro).



If you have downloaded the picture, you can see that I marked a few of my favorite places in Chico, and that my world is very small.  The things that are important to me:  In Motion Fitness, the Butte County Library, and Bidwell Park.  Chico is a wonderful little town even if it is really hot during the summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment