Thursday, August 18, 2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

CATCFI was prepared not to like this film, but what a surprise.  I loved it.  The NY Times and Roger Ebert give it lukewarm approval, but I give it an A+.



I read the book recently, so the Roald Dahl story was fresh in my mind.  The story followed the book pretty closely, except some family background for Willy Wonka was added.  The Wonka family background didn't bother me as much as it did the reviewers.



The music!  I loved the dancing and singing Oompa-Loompas.  I won't try to explain the music.  Rent the DVD/Video.



There was quite a bit of adult humor which I thought was hilarious.  It will probably go over children's heads, which is probably a good thing.



I put this one on my list of good movies for the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment