Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Improved attitude


In Motion Fitness Did you hear the smack on my forehead last night? I was still in a yucky frame of mind -- What, me smile?  The library where I work part time is going through their annual budget pain, which directly effects my pocket.  My investments are in a temporarily(?) downward spiral.  Hurricane Katrina and its devistation is awful.  The war in Iraq is awful.  I'm overweight.  My president and his cronies are awful.  The best quote I heard recently was "God is just an imaginary friend for adults."



Then it occurred to me that I hadn't been for a swim in a couple of weeks - trying to take it easy on my shoulder during its recovery from surgery... doing all the therapy I could but not swimming.  Well, to hell with that!  I went for a swim this morning and it was wonderful.  Swimming under the stars before the sun comes up is unbeatable.  I'm sure a little ice on my shoulder will fix it right up.



Then I did some vacuuming and mopping with Dr. John in the head phones (in honor of New Orleans and its music).  By the end of the cleaning chores I was dancing, singing, and happy again.  "You've got to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, and don't mess with Mr. In-between."  ... la-la-la.



So, my prescription for curing the blues is to get moving first thing in the morning and feed your body with endorphins and your soul with music.



No comments:

Post a Comment