Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Seaman's Scarf

I finally finished the Seaman's Scarf.  I guess it's good enough to give to my manly cousin as a gift, along with a matching headband, but I won't knit with it again.  The yarn is too bulky.  I prefer something a little finer.  The pattern was written out in a previous post.



Seaman's Scarf




The yarn is Nashua Handknits "Creative Focus Chunky".  It's 75% Wool and 25% Alpaca, and knits up at 3 sts to the inch on US 10.5 needles.  The picture shows the scarf still a little damp after washing.  I was distressed to see some blue color in the wash and rinse water, so I guess there is some dye left in the yarn after processing.  It wasn't expensive yarn ($7.99 US per skein at my local yarn shop).  I guess you get what you pay for.



As you can see from the picture below, the yarn is fuzzy and just a little prickly.





1 comment:

  1. I like the scarf, very masculine. I am knitting a simular one using Cascade 220.
    I agree with you about the Nashua yarn being prickly, maybe that adds to the manlyness. I enjoy your blog
    Deidre

    ReplyDelete