If I ruled the world...
- World government would be run with only 10 rules - the 10 commandments:
- Believe in doing good for people, forsaking power for its own sake;
- Take care of the environment;
- Tell the truth all the time;
- Everybody should have one day of rest each week and at least 3 weeks of vacation every year;
- Everybody pays the taxes at the same rate, no deductions, no exceptions;
- No killing;
- Don't steal anything - no empire building or invasion of your neighbor;
- Let all people decide for themselves how to express their love - do not legislate morality;
- Everybody has a place to live, something to eat, and health care;
- Everybody gets an education that includes literature, languages, and the sciences.
- Cell phones would not function in a moving vehicle,
including a moving bicycle.
That's all I can think of at the moment. Let me know if you have something positive to add.