Thursday, February 2, 2006

Nanny McPhee

Click here for movie review Today we saw something completely different from the Oscar contenders we have been seeing... Nanny McPhee (A+).  I loved it.  My smile muscles hurt by the end of the movie.  You can click on the movie poster (left) to see the NY Times review.



The movie is loosely based on Christianna Brand's Nurse Matilda books.  There is only one Nurse Matilda book in the Butte County library system, so I'm sure donations would be appreciated now that the movie is out.



The story in the movie is well suited to children... laughing, happy endings, and many lessons learned.  One of my criteria for deciding whether or not a movie is "good" is if the characters change during the movie (character development?).  The family in this movie does grow and change.



Emma Thompson wrote the screenplay and plays Nanny McPhee.  Of course, she is very good.  There are many good actors and actresses in the movie - see the reviews.



Well done!



PS:  Today was my birthday, so I was treated to a wonderful lunch and the movie.  Thanks, Jan :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment