Friday, April 14, 2006

Knitting for big me

Image I'm working on the back of my Gentle Breeze Tee, almost done with one of the balls of yarn.  I'm 5 inches up from the bottom.   So I figure it's going to take about 1000 yards of yarn just for the back of this effing sweater.



If I weighed 100 pounds less, then I could buy about four balls less and save myself about $56(US).  And, I could save myself having to knit a whole bunch of stitches!  It seems like I knit and I knit and I knit and I knit, but I'm just creeping along in stockinette.



And then there is the fear that I have miscalculated the number of stitches to cast on and it won't fit around me... or I'll get to the armholes and screw up the shaping, because I have had to modify the pattern significantly in order to make it a bigger size than the pattern allows for.



And then there is the little voice that talks in my head and says, "You are going to go on a diet and then this sweater that you are working so hard on won't fit any more."  Or the voice says, "By knitting this sweater to fit you now, you are just giving up on being a smaller size.  You should wait and knit it when you are smaller."  Shut UP little voice!



1 comment:

  1. I really love to see the projects that people make with lace knitting. I don't have time to do it myself, so I have to live vicariously through you guys:) Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete