Saturday, July 1, 2006

Is That All There Is?

What do you want from retirement? 



I always had the feeling that people who work for many years retire and live happily ever after.  Here are some things I think one should have in order to live happily:



  • Friends, people you enjoy being with.


  • Family (For better or worse, they matter.)


  • Money, enough to live on without having to work a second career


  • Activity that makes you happy


I'm finding the "Activity that makes you happy" isn't going to be the same as it was when I was young and fit.  Joints ache.  Stamina is reduced.  I can handle the reduced stamina, but the achy joints definitely put a crimp in my physical choices.



So, are there any older people out there who have found an activity that makes you happy and which doesn't require all that much physical effort?



(Just so you don't think I'm a total couch potato... I swim and walk, but can't do as much as I used to.)



No comments:

Post a Comment